Guest Information / Winter
Iltis offers comfortable communal accommodation to members and guests at attractive rates. Beds are usually available mid-week at short notice, but weekend bookings should be made as early as possible.
External Guest Rates for 2019
|Category||Peak Season Weekday||Peak Season Weekend||Off Peak Weekday||Off Peak Weekend|
|Child Under 14||$59||$121||$44||$95|
|Full Time Student / Pensioner||$68||$207||$49||$121|
- Peak season runs from June 29th until September 2nd
- Off-peak is opening weekend until June 28th, and after September 2nd
- Weekend bookings are Friday and Saturday nights. It is not possible to book just one of these nights during the ski season
- Children under two years of age, and who sleep in a porta cot, are free
Guest bookings can be made by:
- An Iltis Ski Club member
Please note: full payment is required before your booking is confirmed. Once made, bookings may only be cancelled (less a 20% cancellation fee) up to 21 days prior to the booking date. Bookings cancelled within 21 days of booking date are payable in full unless the vacancies are subsequently filled, in which case the 20% cancellation fee still applies.
- Please use the bottom entry, on the lower left hand side of the building.
- The lodge has a security door code. Make sure your sponsoring member has passed on the door code before you arrive.
- Room allocations are detailed on a whiteboard in the downstairs foyer.
- Rooms 1 – 6 are upstairs, and rooms 7 – 9 are downstairs.
- Please store your wet shoes and clothes in the drying room downstairs.
- Each room has allocated food storage space in the kitchen.
- The lodge is run by our wonderful hut managers, Paul and Bronwyn Richmond, who will introduce themselves soon after you arrive.
- Guests are expected to maintain a clean environment in all common areas, and to clean and vacuum their room at the end of their stay.
- Guests can access their room from 4pm on their arrival day, and must vacate their room before 2pm on their departure day.
- If you arrive early or want to stay later, luggage can be stored on the downstairs luggage racks, alongside the drying room.
What to Bring
- Sheets, blankets/doona/sleeping bag & pillowcase. (Check with your sponsoring member prior to your arrival about whether you’ve been allocated a double or single bed)
- Indoor footwear
- Meals (unless you plan to eat out)
Bronwyn and Paul “Snowflake” Richmond – along with their two children, Yolanda and Findlay – have been an indispensible presence at the club for 16 of the past 17 winters, doing an extraordinary job of making sure everything runs smoothly. Paul is also Mt. Buller’s supervising snow-maker, working up to 70 (often brutal) hours a week. Between winters, the family lives in Lorne, on the Great Ocean Road.
Other Important Information
- Please note the bedrooms cannot be locked.
- All persons enter the lodge at their own risk. Iltis Ski Club accepts no responsibility for personal injury, loss or theft of property. Likewise, guests are reminded that snowsports are inherently dangerous, and they participate at their own risk.
- Guests are responsible for any damage they cause at the lodge.
- Iltis Ski Club is a smoke free environment.